For me, one of the best things about life is how there is always something new to learn. No matter how smart you are, no matter how many years of school or decades on the job, life always has secrets to give up if you’re willing to look.
If that kind of thing intrigues you, check out this list – because at least a few of these 14 things totally surprised me.
14. That would be a lot harder to lose.
But I’m guessing also more expensive to print.
13. Aaron Paul was once a contestant on The Price is Right.
I am now off to Google whether or not (and what) he won.
12. Were there any other chips in the bag?
If they go by weight, I’m guessing not many.
11. It takes a lot of wires to make a plane work.
Or even just the wheels, I guess?
10. Some people just can’t leave childhood behind.
I bet her parents were secretly delighted by this.
9. So you can’t catch anyone unawares.
This is 100% brilliant.
8. Not all McDonald’s have golden arches.
Kids who live there must be so confused.
There is a single McDonald’s in the world where the arches are blue instead of yellow. It’s in Arizona, and it has been made this way to avoid contrast with the red cliffs in the background from interestingasfuck
7. I want to say this is cool…
But that’s a pretty terrible pun.
6. How much technology has improved.
We have come so far so fast.
5. Even the federal government messes up.
Of course, their computers are woefully out of date.
4. This makes me feel unsafe.
Couldn’t that just crumble in at any moment?
3. Not even that could make grandma turn on the air conditioning.
It was a different time, and candles are cheaper than energy.
2. I’m surprised these aren’t in higher demand.
There are more than a few people who could put them to good use.
1. This is a tarantula hawk.
Apparently, it’s sting is one of the most painful on earth.
I mean, even if you knew some of this, it’s still wild to see, right?
What has surprised you recently? Tell us about it in the comments!