Look, a person can be stupid no matter where they were born or what country is on their passport, but it can definitely seem like Americans are misinformed or clueless more often – or in really special ways.
If you’re not sure what I mean, check out these 14 super special tweets! I promise you’ll be convinced…
14. There’s only so much you can say.
And all of it is probably going to fall on deaf ears.
13. I honestly don’t even know where to start.
Our education system is clearly failing.
12. The hypocrisy is blinding.
It’s like we’re all being gaslit at once.
11. Not only are they insulting Pride, they also used the wrong flag.
Liberian people are either endlessly confused or endlessly insulted. Maybe both.
10. Definitely saw that one coming.
I’m not the only one, right?
9. Always trust the Canadians.
They’ve never given you a reason not to, after all.
8. “Literally” is the most ironic word I know.
Americans are so funny with their “heritage” obsession.
7. I kind of want to know the context for this question.
But also I kind of don’t.
6. When you don’t realize you’re making an argument for the other side.
But also there aren’t many takes on gun ownership I like, so.
5. More than enough said, actually.
Dictionaries are your friend.
4. You don’t know about term limits? Really?
I don’t know why I’m surprised.
3. I know spelling isn’t everyone’s bag.
I guess neither is geography.
2. The bad news just keeps on coming.
Not for Europe, though.
1. Are we sure America isn’t in the center of the globe, though?
That would make things so much easier.
I am face-palming like crazy, y’all.
Do you have an instance you could add to this list? Share it with me in the comments!