If there’s someone who is universally loved – or at least tolerated – it’s Jane Austen. Sure, there are people who think they have hot takes, or who think themselves somehow special because they don’t enjoy her work, but by and large, people do.
Which is why these 14 Tumblrs and their jokes can just keep going and going, forever more.
14. I think about Charlotte a lot.
Lizzie did the only thing she could but it was still kind of dirty.
13. I mean, when you put it that way.
She can be a bit clueless in her own way.
12. Y’all, my heart…
Gets it every time.
11. She’s so awful.
It’s a shame she never gets slapped.
10. Simple and fair.
How could you really understand them otherwise?
9. In the RAIN no less.
Elizabeth is one proud woman.
8. Updated P&P just still works so well.
The story is timeless, I’m telling you.
7. Do we know if this was scripted?
Because it was brilliant.
6. Or stalk across a dewy field in a flowing coat.
The second best scene in the 2005 movie.
5. Oh, the accuracy.
This is making me giggle.
4. Talk about natural consequences.
Wickham definitely got what was coming to him.
3. Talk about a man who cannot read the room.
He’s just the worst but you also feel kind of sorry for him?
2. Well, we can’t all be Elizabeths.
But remember that Darcy turned out okay, too.
1. We literally can’t stop talking about it.
None of us. Since 2005.
I’m subscribing to all of these, y’all, because I need this type of content in my life.
Share your favorite Jane Austen with me in the comments – mine is Persuasion!