People go to shelters to adopt dogs all the time. They pop into pet stores and come home with fish, hamsters, turtles, or any number of small animals to reside in smelly cages no one wants to clean. But if you have a cat, there’s at least a 50% chance that the cat adopted you, not the other way around.
If you’re one of these 20 people, you didn’t even know you had a cat until it showed up in your bathtub. Or something.
20. “There has been a stray cat outside my house since summer. Today we decided to let him inside to stay warm, and a few hours later we found him like this!”
You decided to let him inside. That’s like signing a letter of intent, and I’m afraid it’s legally binding.
19. “Came home to this. I don’t own a cat.”
18. “Got home from work and fell asleep. Woke up with this guy on my lap. I don’t have a cat.”
Okay, this would freak me out.
17. “Considering that I don’t own a cat, I was surprised when I heard a weird sound on the car porch and noticed them.”
Congratulations, it’s sextuplets!
16. “My boyfriend was working on his scooter outside with the door open all day and came in to find this fellow. We don’t own a cat.”
You don’t own that beanbag chair anymore, either.
15. “My parents started feeding a stray kitten a few weeks ago. This was on their front porch today.”
We hear you have food?
14.”Was woken up at 2:45 this morning by this asshole. I don’t own a cat. Is this how you get a cat?”
Yes, but seeing as this one is wearing a collar, you might be allowed to get away with shared custody.
13. “Finished painting the kitchen, went to sit down, and found this. Nothing too strange, except the fact that I don’t have a cat.”
Ghost cat. 100%.
12. “I guess I have a new cat. This guy walked in my front door and made himself at home.”
I love how they just accept it like, ‘yep. I own this m’f’er now.’
11. “I don’t own a cat…”
You still don’t. And now you don’t own that handbag, either.
10. “Woke up this morning to this…”
I think someone’s Cat Lady Starter Kit got delivered to your house.
9. “Came home. This is not my cat. We were both surprised.”
Uh, it wasn’t me that trashed the counter, I swear.
8. “So, I just woke up at 4:45am with a nonstop meowing noise. Open my apartment door and this little guy came running in. Should I keep him?”
7. “My dad just sent me this picture from our bathroom. We don’t own a cat.”
The look on that cat’s face slightly concerns me. Like he was doing some kind of back alley deal in the towels and you’re going to have to die now because you saw him.
6. “I do not own a cat.”
It looks like the beginning of a horror movie.
5. “So I walked into the kitchen at 5:30am and saw this in the sink…This is not my cat.”
That’s what you think.
4. “So, I came home to this…I don’t own a cat.”
…but you do own a Caiman?
3. “He jumped in my car and wouldn’t let me leave without him. I don’t own a cat. Is this how you get a cat?”
Yes. And it’s also how a cat gets a chauffeur.
2. “I don’t have a cat.”
There is some serious eye-balling going on. I’m guessing the cat is thinking “I don’t have a human…”
1. “Found this little guy squeaking in my backyard.”
This is definitely how you get a cat. Who could say no to that face?
h/t: Bored Panda
Like this article? We’ve got more!