There are many reasons to love and study history, and if you do (even as a hobby), it becomes clear quite quickly that even though the world has changed, human beings are essentially the same.
And if there’s any proof of that, it’s these 15 amazing moments when historical people gave someone else the metaphorical finger, and it’s just as perfectly timed and hilarious as if it happened today.
15. I mean he wasn’t technically right but also he wasn’t all wrong.
14. That’s pretty much how pirates (and privateers) worked.
13. There should be a movie made about that, because it’s quite a visual.
12. Some serious shade, that.
11. An answer is an answer.
10. Lafitte, in general, is worth learning about because he’s cheeky and awesome.
9. I didn’t know he was nicknamed Caligula.
8. Not really much for letting go and moving on, I guess.
7. That’s what happens when you can do whatever you want.
6. Proof that people have always been a**holes.
5. Sometimes you don’t have time for bullets.
4. What else are you going to do?
3. Equal parts ballsy and awkward.
2. Definitely from a man.
1. Just stop. You’re not doing it right.
Some of these are new to me, and I’m so glad they’re not anymore!
Do you love history? Were these stories awesome? Share with us in the comments!