Every social media outlet is different, with its own unspoken rules and required nuance for posting and interacting with other users. Twitter is no exception, and there most people realize you’d better tread lightly on almost every topic, or risk the pile-on whether deserved or not.
This is the tweet that kicked it all off…
These 15 people learned the hard way, and it doesn’t matter one bit whether or not the tweet that landed them on this list was pretty silly to begin with.
15. Yeah people are touchy about that.
It’s probably understandable.
14. I mean it’s just science.
But we know some people aren’t too keen on believing that these days.
13. OK but that’s really funny though.
I’m surely not the only one who laughed!
12. I would have expected it to be faster.
It was a joke, people. I mean probably.
11. Who has time to police likes?
The answer is obviously way too many people.
10. It was just an example.
He could have chosen a whole array of different foods.
9. Watch out for the stans.
They’re literally everywhere.
8. Everyone has to make their own choices.
But you should know you can and will get berated for them online.
7. Or teenagers, I guess.
But the point remains.
6. How could she have known?!
It was just a lucky guess.
5. There’s always gotta be…like a hundred dudes saying “not all men.”
You cannot avoid it.
4. This one is pretty silly.
Definitely just a funny shower thought most of us would share!
3. You should have seen that one coming.
People are sensitive about their culture for some reason.
2. The response is classic.
That’s the only way to survive on Twitter, y’all.
1. It’s pretty funny…
But I can definitely see why people were upset.
I wish I could say that this surprised me but it really doesn’t.
Have you ever made a misstep on Twitter that ended up costing you? Tell us about it in the comments!