There’s something so magical about the moment a dog or cat realizes that it’s home with its family and it never has to leave. Who knows whether or not they really think in those terms, but looking at these 16 faces, there’s no doubt they know they’re loved.
There are thousands of pets waiting for homes, and more who will need their spots at the shelter, too. When you’re ready to add a new family member, adopt don’t shop!
16. Of course he did!
15. They are definitely going to make their case.
14. I bet I can guess which he prefers.
13. I really hope that’s his name.
12. Resting grump face.
11. Their names are perfection.
10. They know a good thing when they see it.
Rescued two kittens from different litters & caught this moment just two days after bringing them home. We stopped worrying if they would bond or not after that. Fozzy (orange) & Arthur (Grey) been inseparable since! from aww
9. How to save a life and improve your own in the process!
8. That cat is going to be the best kind of trouble.
7. Two happy boys.
6. How could she be overlooked for so long?
5. I mean she’s kind of a failure at being a cat but that’s okay.
4. I’m betting it doesn’t slow her down.
3. Oh my goodness that precious face.
2. It looks like its forever.
1. The picture of contentment.
If only I had a bigger house, I’d be heading to add another friend right now!
Tell us your sweetest adoption stories in the comments (and pictures, please!).