Listen, I could never work in tech support. First and foremost, I could not do this because I am not that computer savvy, but second, I couldn’t help people all day who just won’t help themselves.
I did that for years answering phones in a call center, and I shall never get back all of those pieces of my soul.
These 16 heroes are out there doing the lord’s work, though, and so the least we can do is laugh with them at their most terrible stories.
16. There’s not understanding computers, and then there’s this.
This is just physics.
15. I think that needs to be assigned to a different department.
Animal control, perhaps.
Ticket said "Camera flickers to fuzzy brown image often" from techsupportgore
14. Did a three year old turn in this ticket?
And what exactly was all over their hands?
I should tell them it’s not a touch screen… from techsupportgore
13. You’re telling me no one else could figure out why?
And who on earth put that in there to begin with?!
12. Where on earth does this person work?
In the desert? A mine? An anthill?
"My PC shut off suddenly and won’t turn back on." from techsupportgore
11. If she only “thought” she smelled burning she should have her nose checked.
It is literally screaming for help.
End user had a heater next to the PC which was randomly shutting off and she thought she had smelled burning a couple of times. It is literally screaming from techsupportgore
10. Seems like a good place to keep it.
Honestly, considering some offices, it really might be a good place to keep it idk.
9. That would have been the day I quit my job.
Seriously, where do you even start?
8. Got a little crazy with those scissors.
Those packages are infuriating, though.
One of my co-workers was eager to unpack her new mouse. from techsupportgore
7. And you thought your earbud tangle was bad.
This is a legit nightmare.
6. Really? The space heater was what you noticed?
This makes my stomach hurt, ugh. Close call.
“My space heater stopped working” from techsupportgore
5. Did they think those things were antennae?
And…they think speakers need antennae for what?
First day on job; set up those 4 wireless speakers for you. from techsupportgore
4. Where do you even begin?
And who thought that was a good idea?
3. That is horrifying.
And an accurate description, I think.
2. Surely they have SOME idea?
Although, as a former customer, I can’t say for sure that they do.
AT&T has no idea why their DSL services is so poor. It must be my wires in my house. No I don’t think so. from techsupportgore
1. Spoiler alert: it was not a good spot.
Nor is that a good color for a candle, to be honest.
I need somewhere to set this candle….oh here’s a good spot! from techsupportgore
I am dying, y’all. How can you answer these tickets without laughing (or dying inside, or both)?
Has anything like this ever happened to you? Please share your funny stories in the comments!