Do you ever feel like you were born in the wrong era? That you belong in the past instead of the present? If so, then these photos might make you yearn for simpler times – though they were, in many ways, actually a lot more complicated than they seem from today.
Enjoy this stroll back through some of the interesting weirdness from yesteryear!
17. The book cover for ‘Frontier Grit: The Unlikely True Stories of Daring Pioneer Women’ by Marianne Monson.
16. A mid-17th-century war trophy that Sweden took from Denmark.
15. Skeleton “Death” Hilt Dagger, France, 19th century.
14. Expertly cut shoes. 2,300+ years old, found on a bog body.
13. Albert Einstein with a puppet of himself. 1931.
12. Berlin boy sells lemonade from a portable lemonade dispenser. 1931.
11. Chapel built as a tree-house, circa 1669. Still in use today.
10. Exhibition of the Photographic Society of London. Old photographs and cameras on display. 1858.
9. Myrtle Corbin, 1880. Born a dipygus (two independent pelvises and four legs).
8. 200-year-old unopened Champagne bottle found in Baltic Sea shipwreck.
7. Children on their way to school, crossing a river using pulleys near outskirts of Modena, Italy, 1959.
6. 140-year-old momma tortoise with her 5-day-old son.
5. 19th-century shoe makers.
4. Robert De Niro at age 3 with his Father Robert De Niro, Sr., age 24. 1946.
3. 3,000+ workers building the 810-ft-high Chase Manhattan Bank in New York City, August 1964.
2. 100-year-old Halloween photo.
1. Norma Jeane Mortenson, 17 years old, before she changer her name to Marilyn Monroe. 1943.
Feeling nostalgic yet? You’re welcome.