I know what you’re thinking, and I agree with you – there’s definitely an argument to be made for Colin Firth’s portrayal of Darcy in the BBC miniseries.
That said, there’s just something about the 2005 remake starring Kiera Knightley that makes you fall in love with the whole story again, isn’t there?
If you’re still on the fence, well, please allow these 17 Tumblr posts to drive home my point.
17. Why is he like this?
16. How did we collectively decide to do this?
15. It’s amazing that your life has managed to find meaning.
14. Get ready for the chat of your life.
13. Get better hearing, gah.
12. He is his own worst enemy.
11. That one moment makes the entire movie worth it.
10. Painfully accurate.
9. And feel zero shame about it.
8. I have never seen a more perfect use for this meme.
7. My best friend could have written this.
6. It can be an entire mood, if you’re really feeling it.
5. Sorry, it’s not going to work out.
4. There are way too many choices.
3. This took a lot of effort to pull together and it deserves all the love.
2. What in the world could that be, look!
1. It’s like the cameraman was me trying to use the Panorama mode on my phone.
For me, it’s the scene where he touches her hand and then flexes his own, like he can’t quite shake the feeling of her skin. For me and for everyone else, it seems.
Oh, also the end, when he’s striding through the dewy morning fields toward her house with purpose.
That’s it. I’m gonna have to watch it again.