I’m not sure what the psychology is behind why human beings love to collect things – coins, books, rocks, figurines, records, what have you – but there must be some reason that so many people lovingly gather certain things to display in their homes.
Sometimes those collections go beyond the average, too, and that’s when they really become interesting, if you ask me.
Here are the really different collections kept by 17 different people.
17. Ok I have questions about this one.
Like…why? And how?
16. Alphabets made from beach stones.
This is one of several alphabets assembled by Belgian type designer Clotilde Olyff from stones collected at the beach.
15. I can see hanging onto these for a rainy day.
Or for the inevitable apocalypse.
14. These extremely cool “punched” state quarters.
I mean, if you thought they were cool before…
13. This is super cool.
I would love to see all of the birds that came!
12. The crows never forget.
So, better friend than foe.
11. This looks like something out of a horror movie.
I don’t like it.
10. That’s something worth keeping.
It would make you smile every single day!
9. For what purpose?
Just to fill a barrel?
8. I don’t know what I was expecting, but it wasn’t this.
These are seriouslycool!
7. Happy Birthday!
Also, that’s a LOT of tires.
6. I bet it’s not really about the rocks.
It’s about finding the rocks.
5. Those belong in a museum.
Not everyone is so lucky to live where these can be found.
4. He’s even color-coded them.
How endearingly dorky.
3. Just picking it up here and there.
That’s a lot of walks on the beach.
2. He must really like apples.
I can respect that, but maybe they disappeared for a reason!
1. He’s accomplished more than I have in my whole life!
This kid is going places.
I guess I collect books, but not really on purpose. I would like to collect dogs but I don’t have enough land. Or money.
What do you collect? Tell us in the comments!