I don’t know about y’all, but I love charts. And graphs, and pie charts, and really any pretty configuration of interesting facts. You can literally make one using any information you’d like, and somehow once it’s all colored and arranged, you want to know what it says.
At least, I hope that’s how you feel, because below we’ve compiled 18 super fun charts that aim to teach you a thing or two about the U.S. of A.
18. House styles across the country.
For the next time you’re browsing Zillow just for fun.
17. This one, showing elevation levels in the States.
It’s really so much more diverse than you might have thought.
16. I can’t say I’m surprised, exactly.
It’s kind of shocking to see it visually, though.
15. The bluest blue skies.
They really are big and blue over Texas, y’all.
14. For those of you interested in actually moving.
Real estate is crazy everywhere, but it’s always crazier in California.
13. If you can never quite wrap your mind around latitudes and longitudes.
I know some of these really raised my eyebrows.
12. The deadliest highways in America.
Some good information to have before you set off on that next road trip.
11. Snow day requirements, for the kids in he house.
Or maybe for the teachers, too.
10. Yes, things really have changed.
And not just a little bit, either.
9. The top 100 most-visited websites.
I definitely had to zoom in on this one.
8. I really thought Chick-Fil-A would be higher.
7. There could be a lot more than 50.
I honestly never knew.
6. The cultures within states and regions.
No, we’re not all the same.
5. The state highway designs at a glance.
I told you these would be both random and fascinating!
4. The classic sandwich choices of every state.
Though as a Missourian, I have no idea where this information came from.
3. This is the graph for me.
I will never get tired of urban legends.
2. If you need to communicate in American…
Even us natives have a bit of trouble on occasion.
1. Life expectancies by state.
You know, in case you’re looking to move.
There you have it – my visual learners should be super happy!
Which one of these surprised you the most? Tell us in the comments.