The discourse online can be pretty dismissive of the Millennial plight in life, with the older and younger generations both acting as if somehow this generation between them (because we all forget about GenX) has just failed at life without any provocation at all.
The Millennial generation would dispute that, though, and here are 18 reasons they believe they really have had a rougher life than most.
18. You can’t change his mind.
He depends on a Millennial for food and vet care.
17. They really don’t have the patience.
They’re all too depressed for that.
16. They definitely followed through on that threat.
I think I would rather have had a couple of swats.
15. They don’t want to be unhealthy and fat.
It’s just cheaper than the alternative, except for starving.
14. They had all of the right answers.
But it turned out the tests were rigged.
13. It is what it is.
And they’re just calling a spade a spade.
12. A coincidence, yes.
There must be absolutely nothing we can do to fix it, either.
11. Oh it’s definitely a part of the problem.
I don’t see how anyone other than people IN CONGRESS could argue otherwise.
10. At least until your car breaks down.
Or you get fired for no reason whatsoever.
9. As long as you’re going to owe the government (or a credit card).
That debt is just fine.
8. It’s a crazy take.
But maybe one that’s not as hot as it used to be.
7. It’s all an illusion.
Make sure and take that peek behind the curtain, folks.
6. To say “wages have not kept up” is an understatement.
A laughable one, when you get right down to it.
5. A budget is obviously the answer.
Some things cannot be headed off with a bit of penny pinching.
4. I doubt staff would approve this.
Of course, it’s not as if anyone would ask them.
3. It’s that easy to sum it up.
Read it twice if you need to.
2. In a nutshell.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.
1. We’re just waiting for the next disaster.
That we have no way of saving up for.
I mean, I feel like it’s kind of hard to argue. The world has been a big ol’ mess for quite a while now.
If you’re a Millennial, let us know in the comments whether or not you agree, and what other issues you’ve had growing up when you did!