I know that Millennials get a bad rap on the internet, but half of the time people think they’re talking to Millennials but are actually talking to “kid’s today,” so most of it’s not really fair.
If you actually live the millennial life or you know, understand why they have the gripes that they do, then you just might agree with them…or at least, after reading through these 20 posts, you’re bound to sympathize a little bit more.
20. We haven’t had much of a break.
Or any break at all, to be honest.
19. Ahh, it all makes sense now.
I mean, it doesn’t make sense, but you know.
18. It really shouldn’t be that way.
The kindness of strangers only stretches so far.
17. This is one of the saddest stories I’ve ever read.
And it’s all too common.
16. It turns out college isn’t for everyone.
They never told us that, not once.
15. Just like the rest of us.
I hope they didn’t forget where they put their great-great-grandfather’s bootstraps.
14. I honestly think this could be the case.
They’re certainly out of touch for some reason.
13. And by enough hours, they meant 40.
Seriously, everyone was home chilling on the weekends back then.
12. It’s just not possible anymore.
They can’t make the math add up.
11. The experience thing kills me.
This is an entry level job!
10. If you haven’t been in my shoes…
Seriously, sometimes you have to take the job that’s offered.
9. Evil is such a strong word.
How about just someone we like?
8. It’s still a no.
But we’re going to pretend to be allies.
7. Who is this benefitting?
And why do the rest of us care?
6. Where’s the lie?
You can’t find it, because there isn’t one.
5. It’s one or the other.
I don’t know anyone out there walking around with both.
4. That’s probably the way it’s going to end.
We don’t have faith it will be any other way.
3. We tell kids so many lies.
It’s a fine balance between prizing their innocence and telling it like it is.
2. I’m sure that will solve it.
A couple of bucks a day will fix everything.
1. Why on earth would they?
Nothing good has happened in their entire adult lives.
As someone born on the cusp between Gen X and Millennial, I can vouch for the rough road we’ve had to hoe. Just saying.
Are you a Millennial? Do these ring true for you? Tell us why or why not in the comments!