There are many reasons people buy secondhand books: maybe they don’t live near a library, or they read too fast to buy them full price, or they enjoy a good deal.
But one of those reasons will always be that reading someone else’s book can be like a little glimpse into their life.
And for these 18 people, that peek turned out to be more than they bargained for… in the best way possible.
18. How utterly charming.
17. I hope she had an extra pair lying around at home.
16. Nope, she’s not giving you the code word!
15. Really lovely work.
14. Someone is definitely missing this!
13. Well I mean, money is always a nice surprise.
12. People are so careless with those things!
11. Honestly, probably worth more then than now.
10. I want to know the story of their trip.
9. Aw, I remember when my grandpa gave me one of these.
8. Kind of makes you feel like you won the lottery!
7. Oh you guys my heart.
6. I bet they’re so sorry they lost these.
5. I wish I had found this.
4. How utterly adorable.
3. I hope they’re as lucky for you as they were for the first person!
2. A little piece of history.
1. This one is definitely not as charming as the others.
I can’t wait for my next trip to the used book store… but also I need to go through my own books and make sure there’s nothing embarrassing in there before I donate.
Just in case, right?
How about you? Anything interesting in books you’ve picked up along the way?
Share your finds (and pics) in the comments!