Healthcare is on everyone’s mind these days, and the 2020 election is full of ideas on how to take our broken system and make it better.
Senator Bernie Sanders is and has been passionate about the topic for much of his career, and is championing a controversial Medicare for All plan that would see the end of private insurance offerings for good.
Regardless of what you think about Medicare for All, I’m sure we can all agree that healthcare costs are too damn high, and something has to be done.
Recently on Twitter, he asked his followers to share the most absurd medical bill they ever got in the mail, and you guys.
20. Always decline the ambulance ride.
19. Nobody should be worrying about the bill.
18. Yeah, that’s not a choice.
17. This one might win for most ridiculous.
16. I’m not sure that’s really science.
15. Heartbreaking AND absurd.
14. A whole new level of insult to injury.
13. We need equal opportunity healing.
12. I’ll bring my own Band-Aid.
11. Only the rich get to live.
10. I mean what else can you do?
9. It would be funny if it wasn’t so infuriating.
8. Answer: hardly anyone.
7. That’s a pretty penny for stuff you could have gotten at Walgreens.
6. You need a surgeon for that?
5. That’s a pretty high price for wielding a pair of tweezers for under 5 minutes.
4. Kidney stones are the worst and if $16k would help, I would have paid it.
3. I think they’re billing the wrong person.
2. Everyone should have a problem with this.
1. What on earth does most of that even mean?
I’m not here to discuss politics, but I think we can all agree that most of these are pretty darn silly.
If you were running for president, how would you solve the problem of rising healthcare costs, access to care, care for veterans, and all the rest?
There’s no easy answer, of course, but give it a go!