One of the most disheartening experiences in life is when you grab some food off the shelf, totally excited to try it and dive into something new, only to get home and open the package to find…not at all what you expected.
Sometimes the damage is minimal, but other times? It’s too horrific to recount without re-traumatizing yourself all over again.
These 20 people must have had the later type experience, because man – talk about major disappointment. Just take a scroll and see if I’m not right!
20. Those clever, clever jerks.
Although I think that’s enough pate, to be honest.
19. That is some seriously nefarious packaging.
It probably would have taken less time to just put pepperoni on the whole pizza!
18. The cantaloupe itself does not lie.
We can all see the truth with our own eyes, label.
17. It probably cost more than just buying a bag of corn, too.
There are literally TWO tiny other vegetables; I’m dead.
16. You should have known by how puffed up it is!
No way you really believed that was stuffed with candy.
15. That is definitely NOT spaghetti sauce.
The disappointment that just went through me secondhand, I swear.
14. Not beans, but bean juice.
What are you supposed to do with that?
13. So is it just…milk?
That is downright nefarious, y’all.
12. Well, who needs sauce?
Except pretty much everyone who orders pizza, I mean.
11. Doesn’t there have to be SOME kind of truth in advertising?
Like, those are not even the same kind of meat?!
10. The color is also not…right.
That treat did not get baked or something.
9. Stop it.
Again, y’all. It would take less time and effort to just put a regular slice of cheese on there!
8. This one is somehow more disappointing than the last.
I honestly wouldn’t have thought that was possible.
7. I guess it’s still pasta. Technically.
But that’s not alfredo sauce. Not that Lean Cuisine is actually alfredo either.
6. Well that’s just not right.
But I guess it sells chocolate bars.
5. Where is the yolk?
This honestly made me sort of throw up in my mouth.
4. Another less than optimal candy topping.
This appears to be a trend.
3. That happens when you overcook them.
Not that it’s an excuse or anything.
2. False advertising for sure.
That, my good friend, is just a regular granola bar.
1. That’s not what it really looks like.
I mean, I haven’t seen it in person or anything, but.
I don’t know how I would recover from some of these to be honest. No idea.
Has something like this ever happened to you? If it can compete with these instances, we want to hear about it in the comments!