You’d be hard-pressed these days to find someone who doesn’t enjoy a good mystery, detective drama, or true crime documentary. There’s something about it that just fascinates us, but if I’ve learned anything from my binging, it’s that I seriously doubt I could get away with a crime.
One Redditor posed this question: If you had 5 minutes to hide a paperclip somewhere in your house and keep the location a secret from a detective who had 24 hours to search, where would you put it?
These 12 replies are pretty darn clever.
12. With all of the other paperclips.
Just hide a bunch of paperclips, when he finds one he’ll stop searching
11. It’s not the worst idea.
inside the rubbing alcohol bottle. that way the paperclip sniffing dogs can’t find it.
10. They are little black holes.
Give it my toddler…never to be seen again
9. That’s a junk drawer, for the uninitiated.
Somewhere safe where ill find it later. Just like everything else I can’t find.
8. I feel like they would find it in there.
Force it down the corrugation of one of the Amazon boxes I’ve yet to take out to recycling.
7. As long as it’s not a clear one.
I’d un bend it. Then force it down the tube of a near empty pen.
6. This guy really thought it out.
Push it through a drywall wall between studs and it should fall to the blocking at 4′ increments off the ground code requires. If you can, put a nail into the hole and hang a painting or w/e to hide the small hole, or some Spackle.
Later, use a magnet to attract it through the drywall and draw it back up to a hole or other opening in the wall. Even if the detective saw the hole, the paperclip isn’t there, that’s just the retrieval and drop point. It’d basically be impossible to find without ripping all the walls out.
I doubt they could detect it, even using a metal detector because of all the background ferrous metal in nails, nail stops, Simpson clips, wiring, etc. that the detector would pick up everywhere else.
5. Definitely a 2021 solution.
I’d put it in my mask to form the nose bridge.
4. Fingers crossed it doesn’t break anything.
Between the radiator fins of the split-type air conditioner. It’s easy to insert, yet the position is not very accessible and would need to disassemble that aircon just to get a glimpse of it.
3. You’d have to try really hard not to look smug.
I’d glue it to the bottom of my shoe. I’d literally be standing there watching him look around my house, and trying not to look down.
2. This person is evil. I love it.
1. Push it into a fresh turd in the kitty litter.
2. Straighten it out and insert it into one of those pin and string pictures
3. Shape it like a large staple and then use that to staple together some papers.
1. Make them work for it.
In a septic tank. If they find it, they deserve to keep that $10,000.
This really makes you consider how you would get away with a crime, right?
What would your answer be? Let’s pick each other’s apart in the comments!