With all of the home improvement shows on television making projects look simple (or at least doable) around the house, it’s no wonder that more and more unqualified people have it in their heads they can tackle things around the house without professional help. Stores like Lowes and Home Depot perpetuate the myth, more than happy to sell you everything you need except an actual skillset.
This guy, though, learned the hard way that everything is not meant to be a do-it-yourself.
Or at least, it shouldn’t be.
The unnamed man from eastern France spent five whole days with his head wedged between two ladder rungs after he fell while working in his bathroom. His head swelled up so quickly he was unable to pull it out, reports the BBC.
Given his encumbrance, he was unable to reach either his phone or the sink tap, meaning that when his sister finally found him and alerted medics to his distress, he was badly dehydrated, in addition to suffering from reduced blood flow to his head.
The hospital checked him over and released him, though he is still being monitored for complications.
The good (?) news is, he’s far from the first person (or animal) to find their head trapped in a ladder.
Let that be a warning to all of you DIYers out there – you just never know what the worst case scenario is going to be until it happens to you.