You throw great ball after great ball, even using raspberries, but that Charmeleon just will not stay in that Pokéball! Even ultra balls do nothing to fill this hole in your Pokédex. Just know this: You are not alone.
Not all Pokémon in the game have the same base capture rate. That means, even with raspberries and an excellent throw, certain Pokémon are going to be a pain to catch. On top of that, some Pokémon have high flee rates, so you’ve got to make that first throw count! Base capture rates actually decrease as your trainer level increases, so, paradoxically, it is even harder to catch a hard-to-catch Pokémon when you’re a higher level trainer. You know, just to keep it interesting.
We want you to be as prepared as possible to catch your white whale (Charizard, it’s always Charizard), so we’ve listed the 15 hardest Pokemon to catch, according to Business Insider:
99% Flee Rate:
- Abra – This means if you don’t catch Abra on that first throw, it will run away 99% of the time. So, anytime you come across Abra, it is a good idea to use a raspberry as well as a great or ultra ball. Make it count!
8% Base Capture Rate: Prepare for a fight when you are lucky enough to find these Pokemon in the wild!
4% Base Capture Rate: The most sought after Pokemon are also the hardest to catch!
Which Pokemon have you had the toughest time catching?
Also, check out all of our other stories about Pokémon GO!
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- Pokémon GO Update Offers New Way To Find Pokémon Plus 6 Important Fixes & Features
- These 5 Pokémon GO Maps Could Help You Find the Rarest of Pokémon
- Catching Rares in Pokémon GO Just Got a LOT Harder, but There May Be a New Way to Catch ‘Em All
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- 24 Relationships Already Ruined By Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Inspired 6yo with Autism to Break from Routine and Chat with Strangers
- What Happens When You Combine Pokémon GO and Tinder?
- What’s the Most Wanted Pokémon in Your State?
- The Westboro Baptist Church Is a Pokémon GO Gym Controlled by a Clefairy Named ‘LoveIsLove’
- Guy Tweets What Happens After Pokémon GO Players Discover His House Is an In-Game Gym
- Pokémon GO Players Found A Gym In the Ocean And Then…
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokemon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For