It was possible to embarrass oneself back in the good old days. In person, you know – you might bump into a “someone” on the street and have an awkward interaction, in which you proved you had zero clue who you’d run into, but that was it. Over.
The only people to witness your embarrassment and any ensuing burns were the folks that happened to be in the near vicinity.
Now, with the internet? Your shame could be witnessed by hundreds. Thousands…more, depending on who you had no idea you were interacting with at any given moment.
Like these 13 poor people, who might never be the same.
13. Errrr yes exactly like that.
To be fair, no one is usually looking at Tony Hawk’s face.
12. When you don’t realize Tom Morello is both a musician and an expert in political science.
And no, he isn’t going to let that slide.
11. What if I told you people could be experts on more than one thing?
And also, this woman is now my hero.
10. The one time they probably wish now that the old white dude hadn’t shut up.
This is just mortifying though, lol.
9. Go ahead, we’re all waiting.
We’re going to die before he recovers from that burn, though.
8. When you’re so ironically hipster you don’t even know the band on your t-shirt.
Vintage, so it must be cool, yeah?
7. You’ve got to be able to laugh at yourself.
I’m betting she turned really red and tried to hide when he came out on stage.
6. It was nice of her to add the “haha.”
She really didn’t have to, nor should she have, to be honest.
5. Maybe you should find out who your elected officials are?
It’s a two-way street, friend.
4. I hope this douche was saluting his or her computer screen after this massive fail.
Have some respect, indeed!
3. That’s a weird thing to make an assumption about in this day and age.
And a really weird thing to get aggressive about, too.
2. I mean. At least they’d heard of you?
Be nice if they could learn your name, though.
1. Well, this is awkward.
I mean, not saying we can’t all have our opinions but maybe don’t try to school the author?
I’m dying of secondhand embarrassment and also the burrrrnnnnns y’all.
Gotta love a good burn. When it’s not aimed at you, anyway.