It’s true that Americans have a bit of a reputation, globally. We’re not always the quietest or the most polite travelers. Our culture is unique, and we take a lot of pride in being from the US of A. This gives our friends overseas an interesting impression of us – and sometimes they pick up information that isn’t quite right.
Here are 17 tweets that miss the mark when it comes to Americans:
1. This is a horrifying thought
2. Where’s my basket?
3. Twice per day, actually
4. Only sometimes
5. This is more of a regional thing
6. That would be magical, but no
7. I don’t think it’s true, but it makes sense
8. Someone lied to you
9. This one’s actually true, and it pains my introverted heart
10. Only if they’re deep fried
11. Lawn dwarves is a terrible name
12. I believe this is true, and I regret not taking this approach in the past
13. Maybe I was asleep in science class, but I don’t think so
14. I vote cry
15. Clap? Occasionally. Stand up? Nah.
16. I’m so glad this isn’t true
17. Nope, wrong country
If you need me, I’ll be listening to “God Bless America” on repeat.