Last week, I thought VSCO stood for Victoria’s Secret Co. and VSCO girls referred to girls who wear sweatpants with the word “Pink,” on them.
Turns out, not so much.
If you are confused, well then you’re probably old. VSCO is trending all over social, and a VSCO girl is…well, it’s a bit complicated. Luckily, I’m here to bring you up to speed and send you on your way with a shopping list of VSCO necessities.
Not interested in becoming a VSCO girl? Well, at least you’ll be educated and won’t look around for Pink sweatpants making a comeback, like me.
VSCO girls are named after the VSCO photo editing app, and they are taking over social media. Actually, they are taking over everywhere. Unlike internet girls of the past who made Instagram their natural habitats, VSCO girls can be seen roaming the city streets and beaches. You will know them by their scrunchies and Hydro Flask water bottle.
They have to have very specific brands, you see, because VSCO girls are often wealthy and conservation-minded.
Love the look or hate it, here’s what you need.
That maybe looks like a joke, but it’s really not. Here’s what you need to get in on the VSCO aesthetic…
1. Carmex, because we are going for the no-makeup makeup look.
2. Sunbum sun screen because it protects skin AND coral reefs.
3. Pastel nail polish so you can peel and stick Redbubble stickers to your phone or Hydro Flask in VSCO style.
4. Extra large graphic tee or sweatshirt that does not show the hem of your shorts.
5. Bathing suits for a summer in perpetuity.
6. Birkenstocks, because they are hippy dippy like VSCO girls!
7. Do not forget your puka shells.
8. When scrunchies aren’t holding your beachy-wavy locks, they are to be worn on your wrist with stacked bracelets.
9. Starbucks tea AND Hydroflask AND scrunchies. This VSCO driver has all the things.
10. VSCO drivers drive Jeeps? Of course, they do.
So, sksksksksk your way to your favorite shopping center and gather your VSCO supplies. Don’t even look at Victoria’s Secret. Then, you’ll be VSCOing in style while saving the turtles.
Leave us a comment below about your favorite VSCO look.