There are never enough Twitter accounts – or social media accounts in general – that share interesting facts about history, archaeology, and the like. At least, not if you ask me.
And I must not be alone, because whenever an account pops up that shares great facts, it never takes long for them to amass the followers – and @archaehistories is no different.
If you’re thinking about giving them a follow, these 10 tweets are a good sample of what you can expect.
10. Worlds within worlds!
How do you do this for FORTY years?!
9. Say what you will about the Romans…
But they sure knew how to build things to last.
8. Things were bigger back then.
A LOT bigger, apparently.
7. I bet those were pretty effective.
I wouldn’t like to be on the wrong end of it.
6. Those are actually some sick shades.
Think these will catch on again?
5. This shouldn’t be possible.
Whoever did this was an absolute genius.
4. Can someone explain to me how this works?
Because I’m honestly dying to know.
3. This is crazy big.
I’m glad those people are there for scale.
2. I would definitely fall down those stairs.
Kudos to anyone who wouldn’t.
1. I would tip that thing over so fast.
Those were some coordinated folks.
I could honestly read these all day, so I know who I’m about to go follow!
If you have a favorite source of obscure and interesting historical facts, please share it with us in the comments!