I’ve worked at half a dozen different places in my life, and by and large the settings have been pretty tame.
The wildest was probably a college dormitory.
After reading about hair-raising moments in the workplace, I wracked my brain to think what mine would be.
I did get off a plane once, on my way to London, only to hear that there had been a terrorist attack there WHILE I WAS IN THE AIR.
And when I worked in the library, there was a very creepy man who liked to follow me through the stacks.
Here, 10 other people share their scariest moments from a variety of different professions.
1. Babysitting can be VERY scary
From kids running off to the unknowns of dry drowning, there’s a lot that can go wrong.
2. Even Domino’s has its creep-factor
Dumb pranks can get can cross a line from annoying to scary.
3. Driving for Uber would definitely have it’s uncomfortable moments
I’ve only had one bad experience as a rider, but I can only imagine how much worse it is for the drivers. Especially women.
4. Imagine BANK ROBBERS in this day and age
Sure heist movies are fun, but no one wants to live one!
5. Banks aside, who knew Department Stores were a hot spot for heists?
Yeah, but Dillards? I mean… DILLARDS??
6. But did you know that it’s also dangerous to be a news anchor?
And I don’t mean in a war zone…
7. I knew being a nurse took it’s toll on your body, but this is a lot
Like, did he think he was a vampire?
8. Let’s talk about retail, whether it’s limited breaks or terrible customer behavior…
These people are the backbone of our economy and they’re treated like they’re nothing.
9. I could see construction being pretty scary
It’s so dangerous, and you have to trust your crew implicitly.
10. And then there are just… jobs that are spooky
For those you have 2 choices: stay or go.
Those were all pretty creepy.
I worked in a haunted bookstore once, but the ghosts never came to say hello.
What’s the scariest moment you’ve ever had at work? Tell us your story in the comments!