Marriage can be hard. It takes work and commitment.
But sometimes, that’s not enough.
It can be important to try to make things work, especially when you love someone.
But life is short.
Sometimes, it’s best to recognize when it’s time to get out of dodge.
These 12 people figured it out, so that they could live happier lives.
1. Cheating, in general, tends to mean it’s over
Not always, and hat’s off to those who work through it. But yeah…
2. If not the fact of cheating, the fact you don’t care
Yeah, that will do it for sure.
3. Fighting is exhausting, and sometimes not worth it
Usually it signals a deeper problem at the root.
4. Fighting is bad, but apathy is worse
I do kind of feel like this was the moment for the counselor to earn their pay though…
5. Apathy, in general, is just deeply toxic in a relationship
But at least you’re starting to get on the same page.
6. But even worse than apathy is revulsion
I mean, once you get to that point, it’s definitely time to go.
7. Otherwise you could get to the point of questioning your whole identity
There’s no such thing as a perfect person, or a perfect relationship.
8. Sometimes we are guilty of giving too much of ourselves
But sometimes that’s because they ask too much of us.
9. And there’s nothing wrong with loving your kids
I don’t have kids, but I actually thought everyone loved their kids more than anyone else alive.
10. And everyone is entitled to secrets…
But those secrets shouldn’t be about your relationship!
11. In the “olden days” people got married for worse reasons
But I get his point.
12. You just hope you figure it out sooner…
…Rather than later…
(Were they contestants on Married at First Sight?)
Everyone has their reasons for calling it quits, and I’m not here to judge any of them.
What would be your hard line in the sand for ending a relationship? Tell us in the comments.