I tend to be an anxious person, but in general, work has not been a very scary place for me.
Unless you count presentations or inclement weather, there’s not too much to report.
And lucky me, because some people have had truly terrifying experiences while at work, even in fields where you wouldn’t expect.
1. First of all, schools are scary places now
I would be scared as a teacher OR student.
2. Secondly, I would honestly expect a police officer to be afraid
And if they say they’re not ever, then they work in Mayberry or they’re lying.
3. Now, I had no idea that people still rob banks
There just seem like easier places to rob.
4. I mean seriously, so much for bank jobs being cushy
I truly thought this only happened in the “old days” and on TV.
5. Then there were the healthcare workers
They’re just trying to do some good in the world.
6. That has to be super rough
It’s a noble profession, and I’d be scared to go in too.
7. A lot of people are afraid working the night shift
Especially at gas stations.
8. Really, the night shift anywhere seems pretty creepy
It seems like people get a little wild when the sun goes down, full moon or not.
9. And I can totally see how working in a liquor store might be unsettling
It’s great for men who like to talk…
and men who like to think they know more about whisky than women.
10. I’m nervous every time I get into a ride-share
So I can only imagine how terrifying it would be, as a woman, to drive for one.
11. And I’m not sure there’s anything scarier than retail
Except maybe retail on Black Friday.
12. The public, in general, can be terrifying
But my gosh can you imagine having them threaten you when you’re just trying to do your job?
Yowzer! These all made me realize just how easy I’ve had it.
Do you have a “scariest work” story to share? Tell us in the comments.