Losing your job is the worst. It can mess with your head and your self confidence.
Getting fired brings so any new worries, at a time when you don’t have the headspace to deal with them.
But it’s even worse, when you’ve already got a lot going on.
1. How long is too long though?
Are we talking days? Hours?
A good boss might have suggested a nice fiber supplement.
2. I’m sensing a theme
Why are employers so obsessed with potty breaks?
What do they think you’re doing in there?
3. They were afraid she’d spend all day crying in the bathroom?
This one is so heartless I don’t even know what to say.
4. Don’t they know there’s a movie about this?
They were afraid she’d stay after hours to make amazing new flavors of pie.
5. What a headache
Whether or not it’s wrongful termination, you gotta hope karma gets them in the end.
6. I guess that’s one way to avoid a lawsuit?
Or to get out of paying short term disability?
7. It’s called the Emergency Room for a reason, guys
It’s nice to actually see one where the good guy wins.
8. I guess their boss wasn’t a family man
Anti-family, even. Just wow.
9. There’s a special place in hell for this employer
I mean, what exactly is a “good excuse” if not this?
10. Pretty sure working there would give me a panic attack
That guy can join the other one in The Bad Place.
11. Do they think it’s a gourmet celery restaurant?
No, really, do they?
12. If they didn’t immediately get their job back then this one wins them all
I mean, you can get a doctor’s note for that right?
13. I feel like there’s got to be a better way to say it
Somehow I’m in awe of both the worker and the boss.
I don’t think I’ve ever heard such awful reasons–beyond the workers’ control–for being let go from a job.
What about you? Share your story in the comments.