I think it’s natural to wonder what other places, other people, and other cultures think about your own – and not just what they would tell you when you ask, either, but what they believe when no tourists are looking over their shoulders.
Well, it turns out we don’t have to ask – we can just check out the “American” sections in their stores. There, we can get a hilariously accurate picture of all of the things foreigners believe are true – and how they are sometimes just too right.
14. Who knew the Swiss could be lazy?
Just throw it all in one box and see what happens.
13. In Finland, they know Americans go bigger.
That goes double for mayonnaise, obviously.
12. It’s all red, white, and blue.
And there are stars, in case you missed the point. The Germans are not subtle.
11. Why do they look gross in a jar?
I can’t believe French people WANT hotdogs, to be honest.
10. Twinkies, ok, but Pop Tarts?
They do not belong in a gross food museum, Sweden.
9. A gallon of hotdogs.
That…is a lot of lips and a$sholes, my German friends.
8. Of course he’s wearing a cowboy hat.
No one believes the American peanut is wearing a top hat and a monocle.
7. American food week!
And they included rose, god love them.
6. Is it wrong that I want to try it?
Maybe, but I’m an American, so I don’t care.
5. These actually look pretty yummy.
I’m not sure why they’re from Kansas City, though.
4. I can’t believe that hasn’t caught on here.
I feel like it’s only a matter of time.
3. Do other countries not eat popcorn?
That sounds like a sad state of affairs.
2. There is a hotdog in the crust.
I can’t believe we didn’t think of that first.
1. Iceland is getting it right.
If America has a flavor, it’s definitely ranch dressing.
Ok, sometimes they’re wrong, too, and some of these just made me snort.
Have you seen something hilarious in a section like this somewhere in the world? Tell us in the comments where and what, please!