You probably realize that people in other parts of the world get way more time off every year than people who live in the United States – and if you didn’t, I’m sorry. That’s something you can never un-know now.
Basically, in other places employees are allowed to turn off their email or their phone and take more than a week’s vacation and also when they have babies? They get to stay home and recover and bond with them for like, an entire year.
I know. Sounds fake, doesn’t it.
These 14 people are sharing more details, so if you’re working in America, gird your loins.
14. They’re not going to change for you.
We should be more like them, to be honest.
13. You might think this is an exaggeration.
12. Five weeks a year.
AND they actually take them.
11. You cannot flap them.
They are unflappable.
10. Summer vacation as an adult.
Now there’s an idea.
9. I think you know who has the better quality of life.
It’s not even close, as a matter of fact.
8. Anyone else feel called out?
It can’t be just me.
7. You’ve gotta take advantage.
You never know when the next nice day is coming down the pike.
6. You can get really good at time management.
Which is never a bad thing.
5. It’s absolutely shameful.
Seriously, not good for anyone.
4. No one is using that contact info.
Nor should they.
3. It sounds crazy.
Until you realize it sounds amazing.
2. Imagine your employer wanting you to be gone for a month straight.
And not making you feel badly about it, either.
1. It can be a bit of an adjustment.
But in a good way.
I guess there’s not room for all of us in Europe, huh? But there’s probably room for me…
Are you ready to move? Tell us why or why not in the comments!