Making the decision to quit your job – whether weeks in the making or spur of the moment when you’re pushed over the edge – can be terrifying one no matter what your circumstances.
That said, making that choice with no other job on the horizon takes extra courage – but if you know your job isn’t right for you, sometimes you have to walk away.
These 20 folks may not have had a plan B but they did have their bravery…which I’m guessing they really needed after they quit their jobs.
20. At the end of the day…
Your happiness is worth quite a lot.
19. Back when jobs weren’t so hard to find.
If you can afford it, don’t stay somewhere that’s not good for you.
18. Miracles happen.
Especially if you put in the work.
17. Sometimes the universe is on your side.
I wouldn’t count on it, though.
16. The gift of the hustle.
You’ve got to know your strengths.
15. A great and lasting job might be right around the corner.
You’ll never know if you don’t take the leap.
14. Take some time for yourself.
Really evaluate what you want from the future.
13. If you perform well under pressure…
There are lots of odd/gig jobs that can get you through these days.
12. Your destiny could be out there waiting.
Just down the road.
11. Believe in yourself.
Know your worth and all that.
10. You don’t need that stress.
No one should have to work in an environment like that.
9. Your mental health has to be a priority.
No one will do it for you.
8. It’s something you can perfect.
If you have to, even though it’s awful.
7. It can be a matter of principle.
And you don’t want to compromise on those if you can help it.
6. I’m surprised she shut up.
People like that usually don’t.
5. Seems like it was meant to be.
When all the stars align you can’t help but believe.
4. Boundaries are important.
Don’t let people force you to sacrifice yours.
3. Put your nose to the grindstone.
Grab your bootstraps and all of that.
2. Dodged a bullet there.
No doubt about it. Yikes.
1. All jobs are not that bad.
I can just about promise you that.
I don’t know if I would be this brave, y’all, but I hope that I would be.
Have you ever quit a job without another one lined up? Tell us how you made that decision in the comments!