There are way too many people out there who feel entitled to people’s time, products, attention, etc when there’s absolutely no reason they should feel that way. Anyone who works in a creative field can tell you that too many folks have the idea that “exposure” is worth actual money, even though we can’t eat it or sleep under it, or benefit in any sort of real way.
It might surprise you, though, to learn that good-sized companies also act foolish and entitled, trying to get people do things for them for free.
If you’re in the mood for some righteous anger, these 20 examples should definitely rev you up.
20. I don’t think this person understands how websites work.
Or maybe how anything in life works, tbh.
19. Do you think they realize how ironic this is?
And no, not in a good way at all.
18. Harsh, but I mean…
We might need to have another chat about wants and needs.
17. It doesn’t always pay to be subtle.
In fact, most of the time it definitely doesn’t.
16. Whoops. Maybe should have modified that audience.
Now I am also curious what happened to the first one.
15. You have to remember that some things are just not your problem.
In fact, most things are not your problem.
14. You have to know how far you can push people.
The first chance was the time to grab it and run, it seems.
13. Be careful who you try to scam.
It just might end up costing you even more.
12. RIP to this friendship.
Friends support each other’s endeavors, they don’t try to take advantage, y’all.
11. I mean technically, sure.
But I hope you can calculate percentages accurately.
10. Sure, it would be nice if things matched.
But she didn’t have to be so ugly about it.
9. The last bit is my favorite.
Just absolute proof that you have no idea what’s going on in the world.
8. That escalated quickly.
As things like this often seem to do.
7. When something is free you shouldn’t question it.
And you definitely shouldn’t complain.
6. That…seems like quite a lot of food?
I guess I could be wrong?
5. Panhandling is not a job.
But also, maybe $10/hr ain’t gonna pay the bills.
4. I would also like to know if this strategy works.
3. I would have loved to see the response.
I’m guessing it contained a fair amount of cursing.
2. Play stupid games.
Win stupid prizes. Every single time.
1. It’s free. FREE.
The want…something else for free?
I swear, some of this stuff is just hard to believe!
If you’ve got a great (aka terrible) story in this vein, tell us about it in the comments.