I still remember the first time I ever saw The Onion.
I was over at a friend’s house in college in the late 1990s and he actually had a subscription to the satirical newspaper that he had mailed to him. And, of course, I immediately thought it was totally hilarious.
And when I moved to Chicago after college and The Onion was in newsstands for FREE? That was really awesome.
The publication is still going strong and, as you can imagine, people are still falling for their hilarious headlines and believing that they’re true after all these years.
Let’s take a look at some hilarious examples!
1. Some Brit fell HARD for this one.
I guess Boris Johnson isn’t too popular?
2. Make sure to burn your Beanie Babies in the backyard.
This is actually my worst nightmare.
3. He just loves his kids so much…
I think he deserves to be Father of the Year!
4. We have some geniuses arguing in the comments.
Who will win this discussion?!?!
5. This doesn’t seem like a very good idea…
But it just might work!
6. That number seems like it might be a little bit high.
But who needs Math?
7. This is kind of amazing.
Read the name VERY SLOWLY…
8. I don’t think I’m gonna be able to give this up.
It’s a big part of my life during the summer months!
9. Time to serve up the humans.
Do you think it really tastes like chicken?
10. That darn liberal media!
I’m tired of all their antics!
11. Whoops! Sorry about that.
Come on, FEMA!
Now we want to hear from you!
In the comments, tell us about people YOU know who tend to fall for satirical headlines and news stories.
Let’s put them on blast! But remember to be gentle, okay? Thanks!