I confess, the closest I get to wearing yoga pants in public is generally walking my dog around the neighborhood.
I think I haven’t recovered from the late 90s transition between when you could get away with wearing leggins and nothing else covering your behind, to when that was suddenly not cool at all.
But it’s back in style now because women have embraced being comfortable and more power to them!
Some women, though, still won’t wear yoga pants and legging.
Here are 10 reasons why.
1. Sometimes you just feel very exposed
That may not bother everyone, it’s not necessarily bad. You feel how you feel.
2. Whether it’s because you have too much curve or too little…
There’s simply no hiding your shape in yoga pants.
3. And you just don’t want people looking
Whether it’s creepy guys, your grandpa, or the neighbor, it can get awkward fast.
4. Some ladies are just too tall
Not me, but I can see how it would be problematic.
5. Others find them extremely uncomfortable
I hear you. I feel that way about most tights.
I often cut the waistband a little.
6. And sometimes, it’s simply a fashion statement
Or maybe an UNfashion statement.
7. Not to mention those pesky underwear lines
Bad enough in regular pants, but with tight pants? Woof.
Personally, in this case, I’ll keep the yoga pants and forget about the gym.
8. A lot of people feel they’re ONLY for the gym
I may be biased, because I hate the gym, but that’s still a little too in-public for me.
9. And some are reminded of grandma’s yoga in the park
For some reason this concept just makes me laugh.
10. Sometimes there isn’t a reason for the hate
It’s just not your thing. And that’s okay too.
To each their own, you know? Women who can pull it off and enjoy wearing leggings and yoga pants should absolutely do it. The rest of us will figuring something else out.
How do you feel about yoga pants? Let us know in the comments!