Work is hard enough, but what about when work makes you cry?
I’ve had customers and coworkers make me cry in the past, but when it’s your boss?
That’s when you know it’s bad–and probably time to look for a new gig literally anywhere else.
Here are 12 people’s confessions about crying because of the boss.
1. Not cool, man
Even if no one else does, your boss should have your back.
2. Some people are just mean
Some old ladies are the meanest.
That’s literally the plot of The Devil Wears Prada.
3. Bosses like this are what OSHA is for
No one should come at you for being sick!
4. Man, that makes it hard to leave
What a tough position to be in.
5. We all have to wear a mask sometimes
But it’s okay if your mask slips now and then.
You’re only human.
6. You know how they say don’t cry over spilled milk?
Don’t scream at employees over messed up milkshakes, either.
7. It’s bad enough when they make you cry
But in front of customers? That’s the worst kind of scum.
8. These guys need to remember that you’re minimum wage
Though honestly, being treated this way isn’t worth ANY pay day.
9. It’s amazing what these poor people put up with
Can’t they go to HR about this sort of treatment?
10. At least you can say peace out
And feel good about your decision.
11. I’m so sorry, I wish you didn’t have to
I hope all of these people can move on to something better.
12. So, apologies are always good
But I have SO many questions…
All of these bosses are terrible, and all of these employees are troopers for putting up with it.
Has your boss ever made you cry? Tell us your story in the comments.