After people leave school, work is where most of us spend most of our time.
So it’s no wonder that sharing the same pressures, deadlines, and inside jokes can lead to kinship.
But what do you do when your work friendships grow into something more?
These 12 people describe their feelings for their “work husbands.”
1. They say “familiarity breeds contempt”
But sometimes, the opposite is true. We love what we know.
2. It’s hard to know what to do
Feelings don’t always make sense.
3. Or maybe it’s a good thing…
Workplace relationships can get messy.
4. Listen, when it feels like time for a change
Lock that down before it’s too late.
5. Sometimes it just makes sense
You can’t help who you have a connection with.
6. Just remember people act different when dating
It could be the connection of a lifetime…
It could be that you don’t know him well enough yet.
7. It’s always the ones you don’t see coming
Watch out for that one. Unless you like to live dangerously.
8. Nice way to be patient and bide your time
He gets to be the one with the upper hand,
and you get to pick up the pieces when it’s over.
9. It’s especially hard when you don’t know the full story
People like to complain, but maybe it’s not all her.
10. It might be for the best though
Change is hard, but sometimes it’s the only thing that will save you.
11. Otherwise you might end up in this situation
And unrequited love can be totally agonizing.
12. If he knows you too well, you have to wonder…
Does he know that you’re in love with him, too?
Relationships can be hard and feelings are messy.
But there’s a reason that shows like Rookie Blue, The Office, and Gray’s Anatomy explore workplace relationships–whether out-in-the-open, one-sided, unrequited, or clandestine affairs.
People in close proximity fall for each other.
Do you have a work spouse? Tell us what that’s like in the comments.