Maybe you’ve seen this Fact Snack of ours floating around:
But it’s just a snack after all, so it only lists two of them. Here’s a quick glimpse at all nine, in case you didn’t catch them in the video up top:
One of them is extinct, and two are parasites, but it’s still a really cool honor.
Here’s another video, this one from The Washington Post, that goes into more depth on why President Obama is the namesake of what is perhaps the prettiest of the 9 organisms – though I personally love the eclecticism of the entire set as well:
Check out these great articles from the dyk collection:
- Anne Frank Made Her Last Diary Entry on August 1st, 1944. This Is What it Said…
- The First Woman to Run for President Was Called ‘Mrs. Satan’… This Is Why
- The Real Story of Elizabeth Báthory: History’s Most Prolific Female Serial Killer
- Here’s How Seemingly Random Events Can Lead to One of the Most Famous Photos in American History
- The BBC Halloween Hoax That Traumatized a Nation…and Killed Someone?
- These 16 Vintage Medical Photos Are Both Creepy and Fascinating
- In 1957, Five Guys Stood Underneath a Nuclear Blast… on Purpose.
- The Most Boring Day in History Has Been Identified. By a Computer.
- The Horribly Racist History of the Cakewalk