Since my editor hates me and loves to assign me stories that make me feel silly about experiencing real emotion about cats, I get to write this article. A disfigured cat wandered the streets of Istanbul – not Constantinople – starved for both food and attention, and was “too ugly” to look at, according to adults. Pretty heart-wrenching, right?
There is light at the end of this sad tunnel, however. A 7-year-old girl who saw the kitty’s inner cuteness and capacity for real feels found the cat between garbage cans. She carried it home and implored her father to do everything he could to save the cat.
The cat received proper medicine and even surgery to repair its deformities, and the kitty now leads a much different and much happier life. Because the girl was so compassionate, the cat seems to love life. People named it Gülümser, which means “she who always smiles.”
It’s like the second act of She’s All That when Laney Boggs removes her glasses, lets down her ponytail, and everyone realizes she’s hot.
Only this version is much cuter and less predictable.
Want more? Check out the articles below:
- Here’s a Perfect Example of How Becoming a Meme Can Completely Ruin Your Life
- If You’ve Ever Jerked Awake Suddenly While Falling Asleep, This is What’s Happening to Your Body
- This Waitress’ Epic Post After Customers Tip Her $0 Is Going Viral
- Why This Model Is Suing a Tampon Company After Losing Her Leg
- Science Explains…What Happens if You Never Leave Your Hometown
- You Might Be Confused…Here’s What These Emoji ACTUALLY Mean
- Infographic: What Does Your Poo Say About You?
- 10 Survival Myths That Could Kill You
- This Grandma’s Search History Was So Adorably Polite It Even Got Google’s Attention
- At 15-Years-Old, He Weighed 707 Pounds: The Way He Looks Today is Inspiring Millions of People
h/t: Bored Panda