The death of Pokémon GO has been greatly exaggerated.
Pokémon GO is still hovering in the 40s on the download charts.
It’s also still the top-grossing app on iOS.
And, that’s great for Niantic and probably also for gamers who want ever-expanding content.
They run a massive shelter:
It also has 5 Poké-stops, a gym, and is a known nest.
They started holding Pokémon GO nights back in August.
The first event saw 3,000 visitors and raised over $5,000.
So, they held another event in September:
Even more people showed up:
And, despite the depressingly low amount of coinage in the donation bins when Reddit user DESTINY took this pic during the event…:
The shelter made about $13,000 that night.
Back on September 17, before the latest nest migration, the park was chock full of Charmanders:
Unfortunately, it’s just a Rhyhorn nest at the moment, but even that’s not the end of the world:
And the shelter hopes to host another event in October.
h/t: Game Rant
Like this story? Check out some of our other Pokémon GO articles!
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokémon GO Nests Have Been Completely Randomized
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- Why You Should Get Excited About the Next Pokémon GO Update
- Pokémon NO – The 4 Worst Things to Happen to Pokémon GO Players
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- 24 Relationships Already Ruined By Pokémon GO
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For