Trick-or-treating this year just got a lot more exciting for Pokémon GO players! Today Niantic announced its first in-game event for Pokémon GO – Halloween! Fittingly, this in-game event is centered around candy and spooky Pokémon.
From October 26th to November 1st, expect to encounter more spooky Pokémon than ever. These “scary” Pokémon include Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Zubat, Golbat, Drowzee, and Hypno. It will be a great chance to get a Gengar if you don’t already have one.
In what is arguably the event’s most exciting feature, you will get DOUBLE the amount of candies per catch. On top of this, you will receive two candies for every Pokémon you transfer to the Professor. That means a total of EIGHT candies per catch! That is a pretty significant boost, and it will no doubt make it much easier for players to evolve Pokémon and fill some empty spots in their Pokédexes.
There will also be an increase in the number of candies you get from walking your buddy Pokémon, though it is unclear if this means you will get double candy or what, exactly.
Watch the official trailer for the update below:
This update comes at a pivotal time, when Pokémon GO really seems to be struggling for some good news. This in-game event, potentially the first of many, will no doubt encourage players to come back to the game – I mean, who wouldn’t jump at the chance to earn their Charizards and Dragonites more easily?
Playing the game with increased candy rewards will be interesting, as well. Players may very well come back just for the event, then close the game for good once it goes back to its monotonous, grindy ways. After all, winter is coming, and it will only get harder and harder to encourage players to traipse out into the snow to catch Pokémon.
Are you excited for Pokémon GO Halloween?
Like this story? Check out some of our other Pokémon GO articles!
- The Original Pokémon Movie Returns to Cinemark Theaters
- Niantic Announces a New Feature to Help Catch Rare Pokémon!
- Pokémon GO Helps UK Animal Shelter Raise $13K in One Night
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokémon GO Nests Have Been Completely Randomized
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- Why You Should Get Excited About the Next Pokémon GO Update
- Pokémon NO – The 4 Worst Things to Happen to Pokémon GO Players
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- 24 Relationships Already Ruined By Pokémon GO
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For