After reading about people catching Pokémon at the US National Holocaust Museum, travel Blogger Darmon Richter wanted to see if there were any pocket monsters at Chernobyl, the site of the 1986 nuclear disaster:
And, they’re still working on covering up that reactor:
And, inside the 10k exclusion zone, Chernobyl is devoid of any monsters:
But, back in the town of Chernobyl, where 700 residents still live in the somewhat safe 30km zone, there were definitely Pokémon:
Richter even took took the gym at this Angel Monument one night:
But it was re-taken by the time he woke back up.
Only 700 residents, but at least one of them is hard-core…
Then, on a trip to the abandoned workers’ city of Pripyat:
The GPS signal was either non-existent or being actively jammed, so PoGO was a no-go:
But, yes. You can technically catch Pokémon in Chernobyl.
If you’d like to hear and see more of Richter’s trip or check out some of his other trips, check out The Bohemian Blog.
If you want some more Pokémon Go content, just keep scrolling:
- The 10 Best Gen 2 Pokémon Attackers
- The 10 Cutest Pokémon In Generation 2!
- The 10 Best Gen 2 Pokémon Defenders
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- Want a PokéStop Near You? Players Have Finally Discovered a Way to do It.
- VIDEO: The Best New Attackers In Pokémon GO By Type
- VIDEO: Niantic Rebalances Pokémon CP in Massive Pokémon GO Update
- VIDEO: YouTube Trainers Share What It’s Like at the Lapras Event
- Virtually Hatch 9 10KM Eggs With A Very Patient Redditor
- What Would Your Favorite Pokémon Look Like if it Were Human?
- Pokémon GO Has Made the World a Healthier Place
- 3 Reasons Why Pokémon GO Spawn Rates & Times Increased After Halloween Event
- Niantic Announces a New Feature to Help Catch Rare Pokémon!
- Pokémon GO Helps UK Animal Shelter Raise $13K in One Night
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For