Recently, Niantic greeted us with some good news!
It may be cold out, but the sub-zero temperatures are not scaring Pokémon away. Through its official Twitter account, Niantic announced that they were increasing the spawn rate of wild Pokémon. Here is the official tweet:
With this update, Pokémon will appear more frequently in the wild. It’s a good move because players’ walks will probably be significantly shorter now that we are in the winter months, and more Pokémon spawning closer to home will keep them happy. This is also welcome news for the many rural players who have been dying to see an increase in Pokémon sightings ever since the game was released.
Whether this is a permanent increase in spawn rate is yet to be determined. I think I speak for all of us when I say hopefully it is not a limited-time spike – though there has been no announcement of the change on Pokémon GO’s official blog yet.
Also, Nick from Trainer Tips has noticed the increase too. Check out his video.
And here’s another about areas that may have new spawn points in parks.
So the spawn rates have been increased, but does that mean it is easier to find rare Pokémon in the wild? For me at least, nothing seems to have changed. I still rarely see anything in the wild other than the usual Pidgeys, Rattatas, Weedles, and Eevees.
Have you seen an increase in spawn rate where you live? Have you noticed an increase in rare Pokémon? Let us know!
Want more info about Gen 2 and Pokémon GO? Read our articles. They’re packed with a ton of useful information!
- Holiday Pikachu is Already Showing Up In Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Releases Gen 2 Pokémon Through Egg Hatches & #HolidayPikachu Is Coming!
- The 10 Weirdest Looking Generation 2 Pokémon You’ll Want to Catch
- The 10 Best Gen 2 Pokémon Attackers
- The 10 Cutest Pokémon In Generation 2!
- The 10 Best Gen 2 Pokémon Defenders
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- Want a PokéStop Near You? Players Have Finally Discovered a Way to do It.
- VIDEO: The Best New Attackers In Pokémon GO By Type
- VIDEO: Niantic Rebalances Pokémon CP in Massive Pokémon GO Update
- VIDEO: YouTube Trainers Share What It’s Like at the Lapras Event
- Virtually Hatch 9 10KM Eggs With A Very Patient Redditor
- What Would Your Favorite Pokémon Look Like if it Were Human?
- Pokémon GO Has Made the World a Healthier Place
- 3 Reasons Why Pokémon GO Spawn Rates & Times Increased After Halloween Event
- Niantic Announces a New Feature to Help Catch Rare Pokémon!
- Pokémon GO Helps UK Animal Shelter Raise $13K in One Night
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For