What about you?
Did you start out full of enthusiasm, then taper off (like about 96% of users)?
Or have you never left?
Odds would probably put you in the former category, as the number of daily active users playing Pokémon GO has dropped to about 4 percent of its August peak of more than 10 million.
Of course, 4% of ten million is still 400,000, and the app continues to bring in over $1 million every day. Plus – as we’ve already told you – in a telling move, Niantic plans to double their work force by this time next year.
Media Analyst David Cole believes Pokémon GO is gonna stick around:
“The potential is there for it to have a fairly long life.
But he also thinks those golden days of August are gone and not coming back:
“I think you’ll see waves, where you have some type of event that gets people back, and you have a smaller core user base the rest of the time. But that’s fairly typical and it’s fine. You don’t expect to see the full user base again.”
In fact, Amir Ghodrati, director of market insights at App Annie, believes Niantic will have to come up with ways to keep users active, simply to maintain that 4%.
“Pokémon Go’s had a very strong start, and now Niantic has to work to keep consumers continuously engaged after the initial honeymoon period.”
They have begun to do just that, first with the Halloween event in October, then with the November event that just ended.
In fact, PoGO’s Halloween event saw revenues double virtually overnight:
And as the December holiday event, which has most of us expecting Legendary and/or Gen 2 monsters, creeps around the corner, those numbers are sure to go even higher.
How are you gearing up for the big event?
Do events like this keep you engaged in the game?
What about daily rewards?
Want more Pokémon GO news? Check out our other stories!
- 15 Easy Gift Ideas for the Pokémon Enthusiast in Your Life
- VIDEO: Niantic Opens up Pokémon GO Nearby Tracker Beta Testing
- VIDEO: Niantic Rebalances Pokémon CP in Massive Pokémon GO Update
- Pokémon GO Celebration Announced! Thanksgiving Event In Store?
- VIDEO: YouTube Trainers Share What It’s Like at the Lapras Event
- Code Points To Ditto, Shiny Pokémon & Possible Thanksgiving Event In New Update!
- Man Beaten, Robbed While Playing Pokémon GO. Needs Your Help.
- Virtually Hatch 9 10KM Eggs With A Very Patient Redditor
- 3 Reasons Why Pokémon GO Spawn Rates & Times Increased After Halloween Event
- Want a PokéStop Near You? Players Have Finally Discovered a Way to do It.
- Ditto & Generation 2 Pokémon Have Been Found In Pokémon GO Code!
- What Would Your Favorite Pokémon Look Like if it Were Human?
- Pokémon GO Has Made the World a Healthier Place
- The Original Pokémon Movie Returns to Cinemark Theaters
- Niantic Announces a New Feature to Help Catch Rare Pokémon!
- Pokémon GO Helps UK Animal Shelter Raise $13K in One Night
- South Korea’s Pokémon GO-nuts: Gotta Munch ‘Em All
- Pokéanatomy – An Artistic Vision of the Science Behind a Pokémon’s Inner Workings!
- UK Artist Cat Ward Is Evolving Pokémon into Mandalas
- Pokémon of New York: A Hilarious Parody of Humans of New York
- The 6 Things I Wish I Knew When I Started Pokémon GO
- The Elusive Ditto: Everything We Know About The Pokémon Everybody Wants To Catch
- Pokémon GO Battle Guide: The Best Moves For Each Species
- Find Out The Perfect IVs For 2km, 5km, & 10km Egg Hatches
- The Hardest Pokémon to Catch in Pokémon GO
- Pokémon GO Candy Predictions for Gen 2 Evolutions
- These 10 Pokémon are the Most Powerful in Pokémon GO Right Now
- Quiz: How Many of These 20 Original Pokémon Can You Name?
- A Guy Caught A Pokémon While He Was Fighting ISIS
- A Guy Played Pokémon GO at 3AM and Got More Than He Bargained For